Center City Transportation Zone Community Feedback Session
Myers Park High School Cafeteria
Thursday, June 14
6:00pm – 7:00pm
The Board of Education is considering a proposal to eliminate the Center City Transportation Zone. The Board and staff welcome your feedback in advance of the June 26 public hearing and Board vote.
- Effective with the 2019-20 school year, eliminate the Center City Transportation Zone
- Students will continue to have access to magnet programs based on their color-coded transportation zones (i.e., Blue, Green and Violet)
- All students currently enrolled in a magnet program will continue in that magnet school through the terminal grade; the sibling guarantee will still apply
- Students in the following high school attendance areas in the Green Transportation Zone will be transportation-eligible for Randolph IB Middle: Butler, East Mecklenburg, Independence, Providence (currently, Randolph serves the entire Green Zone)
- Students in the following high school attendance areas in the Green Transportation Zone will be transportation-eligible for Piedmont IB Middle: Garinger, Rocky River (currently Piedmont serves only the Center City portion of the Green Zone)
Not sure if you’re in the Center City Zone?
Use the county’s Geoportal to see if your address falls within one of the elementary home school attendance areas below.
Elementary Home School Attendance Areas within the Center City Transportation Zone
Ashley Park Billingsville Eastover Dilworth (partial)
Shamrock Gardens Oakhurst (partial) Walter G. Byers
Magnet Programs Serving the Center City Transportation Zone
Irwin LI/ TD
Shamrock Gardens LI/TD
Quail Hollow Leadership
Myers Park HS IB (not a magnet school)
Governors Village STEM Myers Park Traditional
Additional information about which magnet programs serve the Blue, Green and Violet transportation zones may be found here.