The Leadership (previously known as Traditional) program is committed to developing young citizens that possess leadership skills that are nurtured within and are demonstrated openly in service and responsibility to self, family, community, and country.
Using the Leader in Me model, the program builds cooperative relationships and nurtures responsibility, kindness and good judgment as the basis for creating a successful community of learners. By developing the whole child – socially, emotionally, academically and ethically — the program fosters a climate of principle-centered and personal leadership. The principles of Dr. Stephen R. Covey, internationally renowned consultant and author of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and First Things First, are embedded in the school’s culture and guide the students, faculty and staff in building the leadership model.
- Ongoing collaborative projects at both schools through a relationship with the School of Education at Queens University of Charlotte
- Rigorous teaching of study skills and core emphasis on the basics
- Development of student sense of responsibility to self, family, community, and country
- Leadership & service curriculum for all grade levels K-5
NOTES FOR TRANSPORTATION ZONE CHARTS
(1) Wilson Middle serves the Blue Zone and the Violet portion of the West Mecklenburg High feeder pattern.
(2) Students from the home high school boundaries of Ardrey Kell, Harding, Hopewell, Myers Park*, Olympic Community of Schools, South Mecklenburg, West Charlotte and West Mecklenburg will receive transportation to Myers Park Traditional or Quail Hollow. Students from the home high school boundaries of Butler, Hough, East Mecklenburg, Garinger, Independence, Mallard Creek, Rocky River, Myers Park*, North Mecklenburg, Providence and Vance will receive transportation to Elizabeth Traditional or Eastway. *Myers Park High attendance area and Center City magnet feeder residents may apply to either Elizabeth Traditional or Myers Park Traditional.
(3) Coulwood serves the Violet Zone students living in the Hopewell, West Charlotte and the Blue portion of the West Mecklenburg High feeder pattern.
(4) Dorothy J. Vaughan serves the Violet Zone and the Green portions of the Garinger and Rocky River High feeder patterns.
(5) Only TD magnet students have continuation guarantee into middle school IB.
(6) The program is not offered at this level within the applicable transportation zone.
(7) Paw Creek will serve the Violet Zone and the West Mecklenburg High feeder pattern portion of the Blue Zone.
(8) Secondary Montessori begins at 7th grade and will serve through 11th grade for the 2018-19 school year. A new grade will be added annually.
(9) Tuckaseegee will serve the West Mecklenburg High School feeder pattern portion of the Blue Zone.
(10) Governors Village serves all Violet Zone students in grades K-5. In grades 6-8, transportation is provided to students living in the Hough, Mallard Creek, North Mecklenburg, and Vance High.
(11) East Mecklenburg is the IB high school for students whose home high school is Ardey Kell or South Mecklenburg.
(12) Barringer TD and Irwin TD—guarantee to Randolph or Piedmont, based on students residence magnet transportation zone.
(13) Whitewater Middle serves the Violet Zone and the Blue portion of the West Mecklenburg High feeder pattern.
(14) Northeast Middle serves the Butler, East Mecklenburg, Independence, and Providence High feeder patterns.
(15) Northridge Middle serves the Violet Zone and the Green portions of Garringer and Rocky River High feeder patterns.
(16) Language Immersion schools require a Late Entry Assessment after 1st grade.
(17) Long Creek Elementary serves the Violet Zone and the Blue portion of the West Mecklenburg High feeder pattern.