Are you unable to make a choice in the lottery? Did you receive a message that your lottery choice is not valid? Please see below to find out why!
Additional steps required for the lottery
The following schools/programs require additional steps for lottery eligibility:
- Northwest School of the Arts – audition required. Sign up at http://nwsaauditions.com.
- Middle Colleges (Cato, Harper, Levine, and Merancas) – CPCC application required. Click here to learn more.
Your choice does not appear in the list
Possible reasons for this:
- You are trying a choose a neighborhood school that does not have a magnet program. (Note that your child’s neighborhood school will appear in the list of choices, but other neighborhood schools will not.)
- You are trying to choose a school that has entry requirements that your child doesn’t meet (such as a certain EOG score).
- You are trying to choose a school that has late entry requirements.
Your choice has late entry requirements
- Montessori: students entering a Montessori school after kindergarten must apply via a transfer and participate in the late entry process with the chosen school. Click here for more information.
- Dual Language/Language Immersion: students entering a language school after kindergarten must apply via a transfer and participate in a late entry assessment. The late entry assessment process for the 2022-23 school year will begin in April 2022. Click here for more information.
- Virtual High School: students entering in grade 11 or 12 must apply via a transfer and have a transcript review. Click here for more information.
Transfer and transcript review required
- The following programs/schools require a transfer request and a transcript review to enter in grades 11 or 12:
- International Baccalaureate (East Mecklenburg, Harding University, North Mecklenburg, and West Charlotte High Schools)
- STEM (Harding STEM, Phillip O. Berry Academy)
- Virtual High School