The Blended & Virtual Learning programs were designed using a formal approach to education that involves full or partial online delivery of content with some element of student control over the time, place, path and/or pace of their learning. By leveraging the internet, students receive a personalized learning experience.
Blended Learning - Performance Learning Center (PLC)
The Blended Learning (BL) program is designed to offer students a combination of face-to-face and online instruction. The program offers a rigorous curriculum comprised of Honors, Advanced Placement, online-courses, and college courses. Students begin their college and career exploration from the moment they walk through our doors. Students in grades 9 and 10 are introduced to various career options and have the opportunity to network with business leaders. In grades 11 and 12, students can gain real-life experience through academic internship opportunities.
Virtual Learning - CMS Virtual High School
The Virtual Learning (VL) program serves grades 9-12. Full-time students take 100% of their classes online and from the convenience of home or other location. Students may also opt to take their online courses at the brick-and-mortar location, which provides students with additional supports including access to technology, counselors, and teachers. The flexibility of working from home or in a school setting provides a truly personalized learning environment. Students may participate in co-curricular activities and sports at their home school (transportation not provided).
Blended & Virtual Learning Schools
Families of interested students in grades 9-12 must submit a Request for Reassignment/Transfer using the process below:
- If you are a current CMS student:
- Step 1: Complete the online Request for Reassignment/Transfer form using the link in the green button below.
- Step 2: The Blended/Virtual School principal will obtain your transcript via the PowerSchool portal. You can read more about the transcript review for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Virtual High School here.
- Step 3: Student Placement will send you a letter with the results of the transfer/reassignment request. Please note that the transfer will NOT be approved unless the transcript meets requirements.
- If you are NOT a current CMS student:
- Step 1: Enroll in CMS at your neighborhood high school.
- Step 2: Once the enrollment is complete (and you have received a student ID and PIN), complete the online Request for Reassignment/Transfer form using the link in the green button below.
- Step 3: Take a copy of your official school transcript to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Virtual High School for transcript review.
- Step 4: Student Placement will send you a letter with the results of the transfer/reassignment request. Please note that the transfer will NOT be approved unless the transcript meets requirements.
Magnet Expectations Agreement
Charlotte Mecklenburg Virtual High School Expectations Agreement English version
Learners Who Thrive in Blended & Virtual Learning…
- Can handle independent learning
- Enjoy a personalized learning experience
- Like to be challenged
- Want an individualized schedule
- Care about their personal success
- Want a mix of online and blended learning options
- Are natural leaders
- Want small school environments with more one-on-one attention from teachers