The Virtual Learning (VL) program serves grades 9-12. Full-time students take 100% of their classes online and from the convenience of home or other location. Students may also opt to take their online courses at the brick-and-mortar location, which provides students with additional supports including access to technology, counselors, and teachers. The flexibility of working from home or in a school setting provides a truly personalized learning environment. Students may participate in co-curricular activities and sports at their home school (transportation not provided).
Virtual Learning Schools
Families of interested students in grades 9-12 must submit a Request for Reassignment/Transfer using the process below:
- If you are a current CMS student:
- Step 1: Complete the online Request for Reassignment/Transfer form using the link in the green button below.
- Step 2: The Blended/Virtual School principal will obtain your transcript via the PowerSchool portal. You can read more about the transcript review for the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Virtual High School here.
- Step 3: Student Placement will send you a letter with the results of the transfer/reassignment request. Please note that the transfer will NOT be approved unless the transcript meets requirements.
- If you are NOT a current CMS student:
- Step 1: Enroll in CMS at your neighborhood high school.
- Step 2: Once the enrollment is complete (and you have received a student ID and PIN), complete the online Request for Reassignment/Transfer form using the link in the green button below.
- Step 3: Take a copy of your official school transcript to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Virtual High School for transcript review.
- Step 4: Student Placement will send you a letter with the results of the transfer/reassignment request. Please note that the transfer will NOT be approved unless the transcript meets requirements.
Magnet Expectations Agreement
Charlotte Mecklenburg Virtual High School Expectations Agreement English version
Learners Who Thrive in Virtual Learning…
- Can handle independent learning
- Enjoy a personalized learning experience
- Like to be challenged
- Want an individualized schedule
- Care about their personal success
- Are natural leaders
- Want small school environments with more one-on-one attention from teachers