The Blended & Virtual Learning programs were designed using a formal approach to education that involves full or partial online delivery of content with some element of student control over the time, place, path and/or pace of their learning. By leveraging the internet, students receive a personalized learning experience.
Blended Learning - iMeck and Performance Learning Center (PLC)
The Blended Learning (BL) program is designed to offer students a combination of face-to-face and online instruction. The program offers a rigorous curriculum comprised of Honors, Advanced Placement, online-courses, and college courses. Students begin their college and career exploration from the moment they walk through our doors. Students in grades 9 and 10 are introduced to various career options and have the opportunity to network with business leaders. In grades 11 and 12, students can gain real-life experience through academic internship opportunities.
Virtual Learning - CMS Virtual High School
The Virtual Learning (VL) program serves grades 9-12. Full-time students take 100% of their classes online and from the convenience of home or other location. Students may also opt to take their online courses at the brick-and-mortar location, which provides students with additional supports including access to technology, counselors, and teachers. The flexibility of working from home or in a school setting provides a truly personalized learning environment. Students may participate in co-curricular activities and sports at their home school (transportation not provided).
Blended & Virtual Learning Schools
- Students in 9th and 10th grades can apply through the School Choice lottery or via a request for transfer (using the green button below) once the lottery has ended. There are no entry requirements.
- Due to the specialized sequence of coursework taken in the Blended & Virtual Learning programs, the lottery application will not permit rising 11th or 12th graders to apply. Families of interested 11th and 12th graders must submit a Request for Reassignment/Transfer (using the green button below) and undergo a transcript review. To apply using the transcript review and Request for Reassignment/Transfer process:
- Step 1: Contact the magnet school directly to arrange an appointment for the transcript review.
- Step 2: Obtain an official transcript from the current school and bring it to the appointment in a sealed envelope. The prospective student’s transcript will be reviewed by magnet school staff and the results provided to Student Placement.
- Step 3: Complete the online Request for Reassignment/Transfer form. For this form to be accepted, the family must indicate that they have reviewed the Magnet Expectations Agreement for the desired magnet theme. Student Placement will process the request using the results of the transcript review. Request approval is dependent upon grade level space availability.
Magnet Expectations Agreement
Charlotte Mecklenburg Virtual High School Expectations Agreement English version
Learners Who Thrive in Blended & Virtual Learning…
- Can handle independent learning
- Enjoy a personalized learning experience
- Like to be challenged
- Want an individualized schedule
- Care about their personal success
- Want a mix of online and blended learning options
- Are natural leaders
- Want small school environments with more one-on-one attention from teachers