The Leadership program is committed to developing young citizens that possess leadership skills that are nurtured within and are demonstrated openly in service and responsibility to self, family, community, and country.
Using the Leader in Me model, the program builds cooperative relationships and nurtures responsibility, kindness and good judgment as the basis for creating a successful community of learners. By developing the whole child – socially, emotionally, academically and ethically — the program fosters a climate of principle-centered and personal leadership. The principles of Dr. Stephen R. Covey, internationally renowned consultant and author of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and First Things First, are embedded in the school’s culture and guide the students, faculty and staff in building the leadership model.
See a detailed listing of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- Development of student sense of responsibility to self, family, community, and country
- Leadership & service curriculum for all grade levels
- Ongoing collaborative projects at both schools through a relationship with the School of Education at Queens University of Charlotte
- Rigorous teaching of study skills and core emphasis on the basics
- Leadership & service curriculum for all grade levels K-5
(1) Students from the home high school boundaries of Ardrey Kell, Harding, Hopewell, Myers Park*, Olympic, South Mecklenburg, West Charlotte and West Mecklenburg will receive transportation to Myers Park Traditional.
Students from the home high school boundaries of Butler, Chambers, Hough, East Mecklenburg, Garinger, Independence, Mallard Creek, Rocky River, Myers Park*, North Mecklenburg, and Providence will receive transportation to Elizabeth Traditional.
*Myers Park High attendance area and Center City magnet feeder residents may apply to either Elizabeth Traditional or Myers Park Traditional.